Sunday, May 24, 2009

Call Me Maestro

A sign that the Monterey Bay Symphony is in deep trouble: They've asked me to be their guest conductor for tomorrow's Memorial Day Concert at NPS.

From the concert advertisement, quoting my email to the symphony: "I'm not sure how long you'd want a tenuous rube from Prunedale on the podium embarrassing himself and undermining the symphony, the spirit of Memorial Day, our integrity, (and) The Herald's credibility, while springing horror upon the audience, the musicians, the Arts Council and the impressive cast of sponsors . . . (but) I'm really looking forward to this unprecedented opportunity to humiliate myself publicly. I've done it in so many routine ways, but it's always nice to find new and unique vehicles for grandstanding embarrassments."

No comments:

Post a Comment